Sunday, July 10, 2011

June 2011 Wanderings

After leaving the Quad city area where we parked the RV at a Coast to Coast park in Colona, we headed to Bloomington IN to visit my cousin Marilyn and husband Paul Uselding.

 

IMG_8330

Marilyn and Jo. We determined that it has been 11 years since Marilyn and I last saw lone another. Jo and Marilyn had never met.

 

IMG_8332 Paul and me. I had not shaved since June 6.

 

IMG_8334 Marilyn and me.IMG_8335

Then we continued to Battle Creek MI where our hosts, Bob and Joanna Learner (above)showed us some of the sights,including this large statue (below) commemorating the Underground Railway

IMG_8336

Next was Ann Arbor MI where a nostalgia tour took us to the Law Quad where I spent three years from 1957 to 1960.

IMG_8338  IMG_8340

Library, now a reading room.             Me outside entrance to section P. Gordon Myse and I lived one semester in the room at the right side of the picture. Temporarily it is being used as an office until the new office building is completed.

IMG_8343

Lawyers Club portion of Law Quad.

No comments:

Post a Comment