Thursday, December 19, 2013

PHOENIX SUNS GAME

On Nov 27 Jo and I attended a home game of the Phoenix Suns against the Portland Trail Blazers. Our firm had season tickets for many years. Now I buy tickets from a season ticket holder for three or four games a year. This was our first this year.

I recently got a used Canon 350 D digital single lens reflex camera with a 28 – 155 mm lens which I took to the game to combine interests – basketball pictures and watching a Suns game. While in college I relished taking publicity photos of Beloit College basketball games with then state of the art  equipment.

Below are  a few of the 22 shots I took at the game.  Our seats for Suns games are in row 8 behind the visiting team bench.

IMG_5871    Trailblazers warming up.

  IMG_5876 I used the sports setting on the camera for these natural light pictures.The automatic exposure selected a sufficiently high shutter speed to do quite well at stopping action.IMG_5882   Above the cheerleaders are in their first half costume, with second half costume below.IMG_5888 IMG_5891

Portland is about to catch a rebound.

 

IMG_5884   This shot went in! A lot of pushing goes on under the basket as players try to get a good position to catch a rebound.

  IMG_5893 IMG_5894  IMG_5896

More pushing. The Suns won 120 – 106.

No comments:

Post a Comment